The deadline for paper submissions is June 1, 2018.
For paper submissions, we invite manuscripts presenting completed research projects. In completed research projects, the primary research question(s) have been at least partially addressed and answered. These submissions can take many forms: quantitative studies, qualitative studies, or new theoretical models and frameworks.
Papers need to provide unique insight into an important area of business research with a practical, evidence-based approach that is consistent with the mission, aim and scope of engaged scholarship. Accordingly, papers must clearly state the research question, how it is answered, and include key contributions for furthering research and practice. As the EMS conference has close links with the Engaged Management Review, research papers for EMS 2018 can include:
- Empirical papers: analyses of empirical data that result in findings of practical and theoretical importance, with a demonstrated influence on management practice.
- Essay papers: discussions of theoretical, philosophical and methodological contributions to engaged management scholarship.
- Translation papers: presentations of the outcomes that engaged management scholars have had while translating their scholarship into practice.
- Prepare electronic version of manuscript in Word for PC, in English, with one-inch margins.
- Use the format of papers in the proceedings of previous EMS conferences, available on the EDBAC website.
- Manuscripts are limited to 10,000 words all included.
- Use the Times Roman 12-point font, single-spaced for the body of the paper; use Times Roman in figures and tables.
- Check all electronic documents for viruses.
- Ensure that references are complete and match the text.
- For citation and reference style, use the Academy of Management Journal style guide.
When you are ready to submit a panel proposal, please go to the submission page.